Category Archives: Music
Clare to perform at Southern Ground Festival in Charleston, SC
Clare will be performing at this year’s Southern Ground Festival in Charleston, South Carolina. The Zac Brown Band will be performing both nights with a sit-in performance by Clare. You can check out the official site here.
Clare hits the Studio.
Clare has posted on her Twitter that she was in the studio working on her solo album. How exciting!! I shall share any new news and it comes.
New Nashville Album Hits Stores May 7th!
Reality and drama collided with a unique twist recently for ABC show – “NASHVILLE.” THE MUSIC OF NASHVILLE (SEASON I, VOLUME 2) will be released May 7 on Big Machine Records. The project features new music from Connie Britton (Rayna Jaymes), Hayden Panettiere (Juliette Barnes), Charles Esten (Deacon Claybourne), Jonathan Jackson (Avery Barkley), Clare Bowen (Scarlett O’Connor), Sam Palladio (Gunnar Scott) and sisters Lennon and Maisy Stella, (Maddie & Daphne Conrad) – who perform in each episode weekly. Award-winning producers T Bone Burnett, Buddy Miller, Gabriel Witcher, Garth Fundis, Frank Liddell, Dan Auerbach, and Ross Copperman worked together to showcase the original content on both the show and soundtrack, respectively. Target will simultaneously release an exclusive version of the soundtrack that will include five additional bonus tracks. Nearly 2 million digital downloads from the breakout series have been sold to date. Big Machine Records is currently promoting “Ho Hey” (performed by Lennon and Maisy Stella), at radio.
- Fade Into You: Performed by Sam Palladio, Clare Bowen and Written by Matt Jenkins, Shane McAnally, Trevor Rosen
- Ho Hey: Performed by Lennon Stella, Maisy Stella and Written by Jeremy Fraites, Wesley Schultz
- Gun For A Mouth: Performed by Sam Palladio and Written by David Poe
- We Are Water: Performed by Hayden Panettiere and Written by Patty Griffin
- Looking For A Place To Shine: Performed by Clare Bowen and Written by Natalie Hemby, Angela Lauer
- Stronger Than Me: Performed by Connie Britton and Written by Sarah Buxton, Kate York
- Bitter Memory: Performed by Connie Britton and Written by Lucinda Williams
- Let There Be Lonely: Performed by Jonathan Jackson – and Written by Laura Rogers, Lydia Rogers, Gordie Sampson
- Hypnotizing: Performed by Hayden Panettiere and Written by Cary Barlowe, Steve Robson, Caitlyn Smith
- I Will Fall (Studio Version): Performed by Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio – Written by Tyler James, Kate York
- Nothing In This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again: Performed by Hayden Panettiere – Written by Sarah Buxton, Kate York
‘Nashville’ Stars Croon Through ‘Ring of Fire’ and ‘Changing Ground’
Country music scored some new primetime cache in October, when the ABC drama Nashville debuted to almost nine million viewers. The series follows the romantic lives, career struggles and rivalry between two drastically different singers: Rayna James (played by Connie Britton), the well-established but currently foundering “Queen of Country,” and Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young country-pop crossover star du jour. The soundtrack to the first season is set for release on December 11th and features performances by both actresses and other series regulars, as well as production by T Bone Burnett, Dann Huff and Michael Knox. A deluxe version of the soundtrack is also set for release at Target.
Now, you can hear four tracks from the extended release, including Britton’s twangy take on “Changing Ground” and an acoustic version of Panettiere’s saccharine ballad “Undermine.” Clare Bowen, who plays the songwriter Scarlett O’Connor, also delivers a particularly deft bluegrass rendition of Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire,” and Sam Palladio, who plays the aspiring musician Gunnar Scott, wails over arch guitar on “I’ll Be There.” You can listen to these songs here
Source: Rolling Stone
ABC’s freshman soap ‘Nashville’ to release music soundtrack
The soundtrack features new music from the cast – Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio – who perform in each episode.
In conjunction with the label’s exclusive music partnership with ABC Studios, Big Machine Records released the first official single, ‘Telescope,’ to Country radio a mere three weeks ago. Sung by Hayden Panettiere (aka Juliette Barnes), the debut single is already Top 40-and-rising and has contributed nearly 50,000 to the total sales.
Award-winning producers T Bone Burnett, Dann Huff and Michael Knox have worked together to showcase the original content on both the show and soundtrack, respectively.
1. Buried Under – Connie Britton/ Written by Chris Destefano, Natalie Hemby
2. If I Didn’t Know Better – Sam Palladio, Clare Bowen / Written by Arum Rae, John Paul White
3. Undermine – Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten / Written by Trent Dabbs, Kacey Musgraves
4. Sideshow – Charles Esten / Written by Aaron Scherz, Brad Tursi
5. Wrong Song – Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere / Written by Marv Green, Sonya Isaacs, Jimmy Yeary
6. No One Will Ever Love You – Connie Britton, Charles Esten / Written by Steve McEwan, John Paul White
7. Twist Of Barbwire – Jonathan Jackson / Written by Elvis Costello
8. Love Like Mine – Hayden Panettiere / Written by Kelly Archer, Emily Shackleton, Justin Weaver
9. Telescope – Lennon Stella, Maisy Stella / Written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsay
10. When The Right One Comes Along- Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio / Written by Georgia Middleman, Justin Davis, Sarah Zimmermann
11. Telescope (Radio Mix) – Hayden Panettiere / Written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsay
New Nashville Song – “Fade Into You”
Clare and Sam (Scarlett and Gunnar) will be performing a new song tonight on Nashville called “Fade Into You.” You can buy it on itunes, here. I’ve bought mine already and I *love* it. Can’t wait to see them perform this song tonight!